Reformatting windows vista to xp

Closed
Dbeliata - Oct 20, 2008 at 01:27 AM
 Dbeliata - Oct 20, 2008 at 12:10 PM
Hello,
I am wondering how i can reformat my alien ware laptop down to windows xp. I need to do this because i can't remember the password i put in, and it won't let me get past it. Yes...i know it's kind of stupid but i haven't used it for a while, since i was away. Anyways when i put in my windows xp and i select F8 it opens up a screen which lets me select boot device:
Removable Dev.
ATAOU CDROM
Hard Drive

When i select ATAOI CD ROM it just goes black and does nothing....

Is there a way of accessing the computer with bypassing the password somehow? Or how else can i just wipe everything off? I have no floppy slot, keep that in mind. Thank you in advance for the help. Any is appreciated.
Related:

2 responses

madconbeg Posts 11 Registration date Thursday September 11, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 12, 2009 1
Oct 20, 2008 at 09:02 AM
hello,

first of all tell me do you have a bootable windows xp cd?

also under the downgrade right set by windows, windows vista home cant be downgraded a complete full format is needed and hence i would advice that if you have vista home edition just do a complete full format of the system and install a clean copy of windows xp
I have windows vista business edition, and i have the installation xp cd, which can be used as a reboot cd correct?

I don't know if it's something to do with the fact that it is alienware?

Is there any programs that can bypass a password, in order for me to not reinstall?

So far i have tried using an "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor, Bootdisk / CD"
Do you have any knowledge of that?

Thanks for your time..really appreciate it.