My msn messenger won't work

Solved/Closed
titja91 - Oct 21, 2008 at 05:03 AM
 frustrated - Jun 16, 2010 at 12:54 AM
Hello,
my msn messenger doesn't work... after updating to messenger beta when I try to sign in... a box appears with the don't send option....
I have tried to remove msn from the system but is impossible... I can't find it in the control panel.... When I remove it manually it still recognizes it and I can't install some other version becouse its older then the present one...
help me please... what should I do...???

74 responses

i think there is this site you can log onto with your msn acc but im not sure what it is
I hate this F'ing program. Mine won't sign me in, says I'm not connected to the internet. Don't know how I am writing this right now. This stupid Vista and other MS components have made me feel computer illiterate since I purchased this new laptop. Makes me want to by a Mac, and I hate Macs. Maybe Google should make an OS for PC's.
Have you got this program?

Nvidia Network Access Manager!!

If so uninstall it and the new messenger will work.
am getting a problem with it where every week or two, it gives me error 81000803 (i think it is, meaning it cant resolve host file names, and i have tried ALL THE ADVICE but dosnt help)
so i found i could generally re-instal it, however sometimes like now..
THAT too dosnt work.
what seems to be happening is when i try to instal the installer tells me i ALREADY HAVE IT INSTALLED and i dont, i know this becuase i went to addd or remove programmes and removed it myself! AND went into programme files and removed all the leftover rubbish.. YET it still tells me it is in here some where,
if it is, then why cant i see it to remove it.. and if it is gone, why why why WONT IT RECOGNISE it?

am on xp sp3 and trying to re-instal latest 2009 live messenger

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Hey, this happens to me too. But what I do is either go to a website that is the exsact same thing all you have to do is sign in! I recomend www.meebo.com or www.ebuddy.com.
Easy solution FOR VISTA

go on >computer > program files > (whatever messenger you have) > Uninstall > there's a ""repair"" option.
i downloaded msn 2009 and it installs and everything is fine, but when i click my msn it says, windows live messegner has stopped working, close the program, or check for a online soution, arghhh so annoying, i how do i fix it ? i have clicked windows live essentials and clicked repair but it still shabby!!!, helppp x
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP
hi am just wudring how msn mesngger is note working rightknow bebo is working how note msn
Omg its doing the exact same thing to me. I go on it, and then it says something about troubleshoot. So i trouble shoot and press repair, everythings seems fine, but it still dont work. I really dont get it :/. Where can i un-install it so i can re-install it again?? HELP PLEASE! i cant live withougt msn :L Lmaoo. Help !!
This may sound slightly odd but do you have zwinky downloaded somewhere on your computer?
I had the same problem a while ago and found out it was to do with zwinky which affects your msn. If so uninstall it and see if it makes a difference. (:
hey,
the same problem happened to me and i couldnt solve it myself in any way until i found the solution online.
you just have to click start, then run, and then type the following: msiexec /x {0AAA9C97-74D4-47CE-B089-0B147EF3553C}
this will automatically uninstall your messenger. then all you have to do is go to the msn.com website, click on messenger, then install, it will display this time that you dont already have the messenger program and it will install it again for you,
cheers
mine didn't work either
do right click and shift on the start button icon of msn and click run as administrator
that worked for me
I can't get my messenger to start, i use the newest version and it didn't work with the 8.5 version either.
i've tried to re-install it but it doesn't work
when i tried to download windows cleanup i couldn't download.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!
tnx to 53
H, on Tuesday July 7, 2009 12:05:58 AM, i emailed it to my wife and she copied and pasted it and removed messenger as stated, now she is online.
laurenlvzalex
Aug 19, 2009 at 05:53 AM
ONE VERY STUPID BUT MAIN PROBLEM OF NOT BEING ABLE TO SIGN INTO MESSENGER IS, YOUR COMPUTER DATE AND TIME ISNT SET CORRECTLY . WHEN YOU SET IT HOW IT SHOULD BE, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SIGN IN ON MSN .
Download: Zapmessenger

Google it. It completely removes everything from msn messenger.
Hope it helped.
You see, I have 4 accounts, but online 1 is active for messenger, the rest is for work..

The problem is Only the active email cannot use the messenger properly like others, and only in my laptop. I tried to use in other PC, it worked... but not in my PC. can't you help me please???
I ready reinstalled quite number of time, and I had to reinstalled the older versions...... I got all same result. Please I really need help here, since this account is active for messenger as for discussions.

I'm using Vista Home Premium
I would suggest downloading version 7.5, just anything before 8.0, it works. All your contacts settings etc are save except for the avatar picture :)