I am in DEEP TROUBLE PLZZZZ HELP!

Closed
Addy - Apr 15, 2010 at 08:22 PM
 Addy - Apr 15, 2010 at 09:12 PM
i have purchased a motherboard of Intel D102GGC2 but it aint new it was in somebody's else use before me. i just took the mother board from that guy but using my own hardware on it including the power supply, processor(intel pentium4 3.0Ghz), RAMS (DDR2 1GB), Hard disk(SATA Maxtor40GB) with windows XP. first week was awesome it was working perfectly no problems at all. but just after 8 or 9 days BOOM problem occurred. The problem i am facing with my computer rite now is that it is shutting down automatically and then restarting by its self after 2 or 3 seconds, like i am turning the power on and off. There is no fix time when this happens sometimes it happens after several hours sometimes with in a few minutes. i've checked my RAMS on a friend's computer they are working fine, i've checked my processor as well, nothing seems to be over heating inside the computer to me when i touch the heat sink, rams, hard disk, the main intel chip. everything is just at normal temperature just after when the computer shuts down automatically. Can anybody please figure out the problem i am really pissed off..............!!! =(
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Apr 15, 2010 at 08:39 PM
Disable Automatic Reboot on Error
If you are suffering from the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) the PC stops due to the stop error and then, in default configuration, automatically reboots.

Chances are good that you want to know what is going wrong and how to fix the stop errors. Well, you can't just say "It's rebooting, what's wrong." With that little bit of information no one will be able to help you fix it. Instead we need to know the "stop error" and the exact wording for the reason that it stopped so that we can diagnose the problem. Then, and only then, will we have enough information to help solve your problem.

Older operating systems used to do it nicely and just plain stop... Now? Now it reboots for you because that is generally easier than it is to worry about the problem. Let's stop that shall we? It would make it easier for all of us if we could know the exact error message after all...

Click the Start button
Click Run...
Type sysdm.cpl
Click OK
In the System Properties window click the Advanced tab
In the Startup and Recovery area click the Settings button
In the Startup and Recovery window UNcheck "Automatically Restart" (in the System Failure area)
Click OK and then click OK again
Then when the PC crashes, make note of the stop error and related information
Well, i appreciate that you replied so quickly thankx for that. The first time when this problem occurred and it restarted there was a error on the screen saying "Firmware has detected battery failure" the first thing next morning i did was that i purchased a new battery and replaced it with the old one, then i turned it ON hardly after an hour or two same problem started again. shutdown restart shutdown restart. And when i start the system again there aint any error displayed on the screen all it do is just the normal scan disk and then on the desktop thats it. The "automatic Restart" thing which you have told me i've already done it but its not making any difference..............! What else would you like to suggest because i seriously needs an expert advice now........!!!