Cannot find server or DNS error - HTC HD2

Solved/Closed
Enya31000 - Apr 16, 2010 at 05:27 AM
 Sid100 - Sep 27, 2011 at 06:49 PM
hi everybody,
i have got an HTC HD2, the wifi is connected, the signal is perfect, am opening internet explorer or opera, typing the URL, impossible to connect, the following message is coming :
cannot find server or DNS error, you may need to adjust your browser settings.

am pulling my hair, thanks for helping.

Related:

2 responses

Hello All I found the answer to this issue. without doing a hard reset. Did not want to lose my data and setting. In my case the basic issue is it was using a static IP address rather than a dyanmic ip address wich is assigned by my home network. I did the following.

Start menu >> Settings >> Wireless Controls >> Wi-Fi >> select your network >>
Advanced >> change Network >> Network Adapteres >> Edit tab >> Chose server -assigned IP address. Save and exit. You should now be able to access your wi-fi.

Let me know if this helps! :)
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Oct 24, 2010 at 05:11 PM
Thank you

Big smac to you!
Thank you - just tred this and it works for me - taken months of searching
Thanks been working on this problem for a while. Trying to connect to MS Exchange across wireless network. Thanks again Smac
Hi...im having the exact same problem with my wifi as Ambucias...i checked my ip and its on the server assigned ip...does this have anything to do with my DNS setting?? Im totally lost with this...Please help