Cant hear my sounds?

Closed
haley - Apr 20, 2010 at 02:38 PM
BradMcKinley Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday April 20, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 27, 2010 - Apr 20, 2010 at 06:32 PM
Hello,
I have an Acer laptop and I dont know what I did. I cant hear ANY sounds on my laptop.
If you look at the bottom of my computer, where the start button is, on the left, i can not see a sound control button. If anyone can help me i would love that!

1 response

BradMcKinley Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday April 20, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 27, 2010 1
Apr 20, 2010 at 06:32 PM
First, look for any buttons around the edges of the laptop - also above the F keys and sometimes actually the F keys you might find are controlling the volume.

If you have Vista or Windows 7 you can press the start menu and type sound to see if anything is disabled. Also type device manager and see if your sound seems to be installed properly. This may be more likely if your sound icon is missing.

Last thing to try would be visiting Acer's website, putting in your model # and finding the sound driver. Download and install. This can't really hurt since you'll just be overwriting the old driver.