Toshiba Satellite Series 1905-S277

Closed
Ramblinlady Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday April 21, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 21, 2010 - Apr 21, 2010 at 04:19 PM
Ramblinlady Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday April 21, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 21, 2010 - Apr 21, 2010 at 04:41 PM
I have this laptop, and my teenage son messed with it, thinking he was cool, and tried to flash the BIOS. It shut down in the middle of flashing, and has since come up with a black screen. No shadows, no nothing. Just a black screen. Can hear the laptop running, see blinking lights on the front indicating it's running, but utterly NOTHING on the screen.

Is there any way I can get the screen running again, even for a short while? I plan to buy another laptop, but won't be able to get it for 6-8 weeks, and I miss having my laptop.

The configuration below is correct for the laptop. I'm writing this from my desktop.

Also, is there any way at all, short of taking it to a shop, to get the information off that laptop? I tried hooking it up to my desktop monitor, and once again, all I got was a black screen.

Thank you for any suggestions.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Apr 21, 2010 at 04:36 PM
When a BIOS flash fails - it often leaves the computer inoperable. Only the physical replacement of the BIOS Chip with a new chip with the correctly flashed micro-code can correct this problem.

You can remove the laptop harddrive and put it into a USB enclosure that converts it to a portable drive. You should be able to extract data you need. You will need to identify the type of hard drive ( SATA or PATA) so that you purchase the correct adapter box.

Good Luck
Ramblinlady Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday April 21, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 21, 2010
Apr 21, 2010 at 04:41 PM
Thank you.

I'm so sad that I've lost my laptop. I only had it a year, but it saved me from a lot of pain and suffering during a serious illness over the past year.

I feel lost without it.