Connection problems

Closed
string - Oct 25, 2008 at 04:00 AM
 Chubado - Oct 25, 2008 at 05:33 AM
Hello,
i'm currently trying to connect another computer to the net via a router now i'v got my computer connecting to the net through the router and it all works find but i plugged another ethernet cable into the back of the router and then to the other computer but it wont connect to the net i'v tried all the various connection and network wizards but nothing seems to work, it says it cannot detect the internet device, the port on the computer is working fine i'v checked in the device manager, someone told me i might have the wrong ethernet cable( the one i have is yellow if that means anything) would appriciate the help
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Oct 25, 2008 at 05:00 AM
It's true there are two kinds of ethernet cable - the normal kind and a "cross-over cable". the cross-over cable is used to connect one computer to another (without a switch/router) or modem to router. If you Google "cross-over cable" you will find how to read the color code of the wires into the plug. That should help you determine if you do have a cross-over cable.
Hi, i've seen your post - And i think the Yellow you are seeing on the Device on the Device Manager means their is a problem with the device.
To solve the problem, you need to connect the system to the Internet & Double Click on the device with the "Yellow Question Mark".