Load Deafults in Bios

Closed
Ra - Apr 23, 2010 at 02:10 AM
 Ra - Apr 23, 2010 at 12:11 PM
hi, Thanks for all your wonderful responses here.

I have a Dell Optiplex gx260 with bios A09. When I enter BIOS I do not see "Load Defaults" and I do not see any options for clicking. How can I enter this section?

Any advise would greatly be appreciated. I installed a Sata Hard Drive and Windows XP does not recognize it.

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Apr 23, 2010 at 05:51 AM
Hi there,

If you are unable to locate default in bios then remove the rtc battery and wait for few minutes it will be reset.

Thanks
Hey Thank you so much for responding.

I did remove the battery two times already and even installed a new battery. At first it said that I had a low voltage battery.

I have two hard drives and I can only boot to windows xp from the old drive. This allows me to see my new 1TB hard drive. But I had cloned everything to the new TB hard drive and this was my main boot for windows XP.

I was doing some cleaning and tunning last week on windows xp. After this I got a black screen after BIOS boot. Now I can't not boot into the new hard drive, only the old one.

The BIOS has very limited options. Not the same BIOS I worked with last year.

THanks again for all your help. I am impressed at how given people can be. That's something beautiful to see in this world.