My internet is not working for any of the site except gmail [Solved/Closed]

Registration date
Thursday March 7, 2013
Last seen
March 8, 2013
- Mar 7, 2013 at 10:58 AM - Latest reply:  junglee - Oct 2, 2016 at 01:38 AM
Hello,

Actually am facing internet web page connecting issues,not even google page loads in all the browsers. Only gmail will be opened, But am unable of use any of the site in my pc..

Please resolve this issue as soon as possible..
See more 

14 replies

Best answer
Registration date
Friday June 19, 2015
Last seen
June 19, 2015
Jun 19, 2015 at 09:14 AM
Thank you
Hello,

I am having the same problem. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you, bfach 1

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1695 users this month

Registration date
Sunday September 23, 2012
Last seen
July 16, 2018
Mar 7, 2013 at 03:11 PM
Thank you
Hi issunil,

I would like to help you here. As you mentioned you can open the Gmail but no other pages, this indicates your computer is connecting to the internet. This problem could be related to some settings. I would like to know if you receive any error messages when opening other pages. Also, in your reply please add the type of connection you are using and the web browsers you commonly use.

Please do write back to us.
Thanks .... <3
Registration date
Thursday March 7, 2013
Last seen
March 8, 2013
Mar 8, 2013 at 06:01 AM
Thank you
Dear Zohaib,

Am using an external wifi device to connect internet, If I use same device to other laptop or pc all websites will load up.. But in my pc its not loading any of the site except gmail :-(

I will not recieve any of the error msg, simply the sites will be loading up until I shut down my pc, I have waited for an whole day but the page didnt load..

I wil use Mozilla, Chrome and IE.

Thanks

Sunil
Registration date
Sunday September 23, 2012
Last seen
July 16, 2018
Mar 8, 2013 at 01:32 PM
Thank you
Hi Sunil,

It seems the browsers are taking too long to load a page. As you mentioned you use "Google Chrome" with other browsers, I am suggesting here some fixes that work for "Google Chrome" web browser. If this works, corresponding changes to other browsers will be made.

If Google Chrome seems to take a long time to load a website or search, it may be configured to access pages through a web proxy. Check whether the "Resolving proxy" message appears in the lower-left corner of the browser window.
Follow these steps to change your proxy setting (for Windows):

1. Press the keys `Alt + E, S' to open Settings for Google Chrome.
2. Click "Show advanced settings...".
3. Click "Change Proxy Settings".
4. Click "LAN Settings".
5. Deselect the "Automatically detect settings" checkbox.

Do reply with results.
Thanks it is working now
Registration date
Thursday April 14, 2016
Last seen
April 15, 2016
- Apr 14, 2016 at 08:27 PM
I have a similar problem. Got a brand new Lenovo laptop a few weeks ago. Has factory installed Windows 10. Setup fine, could get to any webpage on Edge, IE or Chrome.

Then a few days later the only website I can get to on ANY browser is gmail.com on Chrome. Cannot get to facebook.com. microsoft.com or ANY other website. Edge cannot get to gmail.com but Chrome can. It is showing new messages all the time so it is not just showing something from a cache.

After this problem started, I did get a notification that "WiFi Sense" had been (automatically) updated. Nothing has been able to reach the internet since then. Help!
I was facing same problem from couple of days.Thanks it worked
Thank you
I am having this same problem with my mac. Gmail and facebook open, but no other web pages? Any suggestions for me?
How did you solve it please
Thank you
I had the same issue. In my case only Gmail worked. I had to restart to solve it. It seems to have something to do with the windows firewall. I have to use the recommended settings or the internet crashes.
Registration date
Sunday June 26, 2016
Last seen
June 26, 2016
- Jun 26, 2016 at 11:24 PM
I am having the exact same problem today. Nothing but gmail wiill open in any browser. I'm on a Windows 10 machine and don't seen to be able to find any IPv4 related settings in the Internet and Sharing center. Help!
Thank you
Open network and connection center > wifi or lan > properties>select ipv4 >properties >on the bottom you will see DNS settings. change this to obtain DNS server address automatically