ASUS laptop cannot start up.

Closed
lauren - Apr 26, 2010 at 04:27 PM
 lauren - Apr 27, 2010 at 08:51 PM

Hello all,

I have an ASUS M5200a.

When I try to turn it on it either 1. turns on for 2-3 seconds then turns off, 2. makes this strangled sound you get at start up, only for a longer time, or 3. gets stuck at the asus logo then shuts off again. I use an ac power cable because the battery spoilt a long time ago.

I've tried the 45-second remedy but it doesn't work for me. The only thing that seems to work is thumping the area next to the touchpad when I turn it on... this works to start it up but the problem will come back the next time I try to turn it on.

Am wondering if there're any solutions to this. The only program I use on this notebook's Firefox, if it helps any!

Thank you so much in advance!
Related:

3 responses

have a look is you hard drive are not dieing and cleaner the memory and cpu with air then have a look and test your memory works at all?
reset your BIOS to default then try. first then test memory cpu hdd with a software read them to test there health
hm. I'm guessing the hdd is alright, since I'm replying using the notebook now! Could it be that the motherboard has come loose though?

Sorry I'm such a tech noob ><
and your point is?
have a full reset bios reset and to deafult setting then put a recovery cd you can make to reset on pc