Laptop Fix Didn't Work - Now What?

Closed
Laptop Fix Didn't Work - What Now? - Apr 30, 2010 at 12:54 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Apr 30, 2010 at 02:43 PM
I have a 3 year old Toshiba laptop, X205-SLi4. It suddenly shut off while I was using it. I had the power adapter plugged in while using and battery was installed. Called Toshiba, they sent new power adapter and new battery. Plugged in new adapter - still no lights and no power. Found fix on this site that said to unplug everything, remove battery, hold down power button for 30 seconds, then plug back in adapter and turn on. Still didn't work - no power lights, nothing. Totally dead. Tried fix it again holding start button down 30 seconds with laptop upside down - still nothing.

What now? New battery, new adapter, computer fix that seemed to work for everyone else on this site, and still now power lights and laptop will not turn on.

BTW am using Vista Ultimate Operating System.

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Apr 30, 2010 at 02:43 PM
If the "hard restart" didn't fix things then I assume you have a motherboard problem. You can return the laptop to Toshiba for repair. But, that might cost more and just buying a new one. The hard drive might still be OK and you can remove it from the laptop and convert it into an external drive. That will allow you to recover your data.

Good luck