Laptop wont run start-up Windows 7

Closed
Dominae - May 9, 2010 at 07:35 AM
 Sylvia - May 10, 2010 at 02:20 AM
Yesterday My Laptop decided it wasnt going to work even though it had been absoloutly fine the day before.

I switch it on and it loaded the dell logo, then the windows logo. Then it flickerd blue/black and started up the dell logo and the went onto a black screen with the options to "Launch start up repair" or to "start windows normally" i selected to repair it, but it tells me "Start up repair can not repair this computer automatically, i have also tried to do a system restore but that to was unssucsessful. I ran memory diagnostic, which didnt come up with anythhing. and i dont know what else to try!

Does anyone have any idea what may have caused this and if there is a soloution, it is still under warrenty so i will contact dell tomorrow, but thought i might be able to save myself a hefty phone bill, if there is a simple soloution.

Thanks
Dominae

Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 9, 2010 at 03:46 PM
It's probably a bad hard disk. You should try to run the hard disk diagnostic and see if it uncovers anything. I agree that a call to Dell is your best option.

Good Luck
Sorry about that dear. I have no doubt that you are encountering a bad hard drive. Am worried u might loss your critical data.

Did you backup your data in any location lately? Yes! contact Dell, hopefully you will succeed. There's also this option if u don't mind. Try www.safecopybackup.com. They have 3GB free if you like to try it out. Good luck