No display after cleaning keyboard

Closed
nune1998 - May 18, 2010 at 12:43 AM
 nune1998 - May 18, 2010 at 04:50 PM
Hello,
I hope someone can save me from my own stupidity! I cleaned my keyboard while the computer was on with a tech cleaning compound. I believe I managed to push a key combination which disabled video on the computer. Nothing shows up even during a reboot. This computer is on a KVM switch and the monitor works fine with the other computer. Any suggestions?

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
May 18, 2010 at 10:47 AM
Hi there,

This is not a problem ,you can change the keyboard but is the cpu on and lights etc?lease check and give all available information you can to make it easier to help you solve the issue.

Thanks
I wish the answer was as simple as changing out the keyboard, but the keyboard ( and monitor) works fine on the second computer connected to the 'KVM. I've done a hard reset - CPU and aux fans light up and turn, but I can't be sure the computer is posting as there is nothing displayed on the screen - not even during the start-up prior to windows loading. Also this computer has never had an audible post beep. The computer was up and the screen was on whe I used the cleaning compound and it suddenly went black and has stayed that way. I think I hit a key combo that disabled video - is that possible? I appreciate the help!