My Laptop Does Not Sounds At All, Please Help

Closed
Yasir - May 21, 2010 at 08:05 AM
 Yasir Khan - May 23, 2010 at 02:19 AM
hi i have a Compaq Evo N600c laptop with windows xp sp2 installed, which is not giving any sound at all not even windows startup or log out sound, i tried everything, i uninstalled and reinstalled my sound driver, i updated my sound driver, i checked the bios its upto date, once i even reinstalled the windows but still no sound. my control panel and device manager shows that the sound device is working fine.

i am having this problem from long ago but it was working fine since yesterday when it suddenly stop giving sound in the middle of a song playback.

whenever i plays an audio file the time bar does not move at all its on 0, my system gets stucked for a while, and no sound at all, whereas when i play a video file my system gets stucked in the start for a while then the video plays for like 5 seconds without sound and stops, i have to click on the time bar every 5 seconds in order for the video to keep playing.

Any help please
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
May 21, 2010 at 10:01 AM
Hi there,

Try installing codecs and revert back if still having the issue will provide you alternatives to solve it,have the codec from link below:

http://ccm.net/download/download-1668-codec-pack-suite

Thanks
Hi buddy, i'm sorry but it didn't worked, plus the installation is in french, perhaps if you can tell me some other way which don't involve heavy downloads that would help because i'm having 1mbps and downloading that file took me 1.2 hours. Thanks for the effort
Any other solution please