Sata Hdd not detected

Solved/Closed
Mkoll - Nov 5, 2008 at 05:33 PM
 Jube - Jan 30, 2013 at 06:42 PM
Hello,
I got a P4 with a mobo Asrock P4VM890 and an old samsung IDE Hdd. What happens is that I bought a barracuda 250Gb 16Mb SATA Hdd and is detected by bios, I saw that the configuration was on non-raid setting and everything seemed to be fine but when I start-up windows everything goes just as normal but the new drive doesn't show up in "My computer" folder and there is an icon on the tray that is used to disconnect a periferal device mencioning the name of the drive. I've seen the system info and the drive shows up there. Anyone got any clue about this?
Ty and good evening
Related:

8 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Nov 5, 2008 at 05:40 PM
The drive will not show until it is formatted.
Right click My Computer - select Manage - select Disk Management you should see your drive and be able to format it
done, ty very much =P
Excellent advice-thank you very much-solved the problem immediately (well after waiting for the formatting of a 1TB!).

Again, thanks.
10q 10q 10q 10q 10q man
Thanks a billion mate, its work
Glad to see that I'm not the only one with the problem! Thanks xpcman! It was slightly more confusing for me, but I figured it out in the end... cHeeRs~!
After two hours of getting nowhere, your advice solved it in 2 minutes. Thanks
hi guys Im getting The Same Problem Im useing A 1Tb 32mb Cache Samsung Sata Drive And Its Not being detected in my bios so I cant install an O/S If Any One Can Help It Is Much needed :)
Hi all, ive got the same problem, segate sata drive is seen in bios, comes up in system, but cannot see it in disk manager.....the drive HAS 1TB of data loaded, so cant format, even if I could see it.......it does appear in the 'safely remove hardware'.....
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827 > WIcked_XR
Mar 7, 2010 at 12:32 PM
THANKS A LOT!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Wowwwwwwww . Problem solved for me to. :) Thanks a lot
thank you so much for the information. it really helped!
hey thanks I would have been stuffed if it wasnt for you guys cheers
thanks very good thinking!! works for me..