My laptop cuts out

Closed
Becciie - May 22, 2010 at 02:51 AM
 Congojack - Jun 17, 2010 at 02:06 PM
Recently i turned my laptop power off during a restart, now everytime i switch it on a menu appears whith a choice of ways i can start my laptop these are-
Safe mode
Safe mode with newtworking
Safe mode qith command promt
Last known good configuration
and Start windows normally
However when i choose one of these suggestions windows starts up then suddenly cuts out. how do i solve this problem as i have tried every button there is still no change
Related:

2 responses

First, just select start windows normally and press Enter.
But if it comes up again, let it boot and when you reach that same screen press Ctrl + Alt + Del.
If the problem continues let it boot and go to Last Know Good Configuration
If it still continues, then post here and let me know, i will look it into it further.

Other possible problem: Make sure your F8 key is not jammed or broken, this may be causing it to come up.
I know exactly what you are going through mate, most forums you post on just cant get it into their heads that it is not a heat problem! the reason why that is coming up is because your cpu is cutting out before it can boot, the same is happening to me what happens is boots the bios, comes up (launch startup repair) and (Start Windows Normally) i pick either of them it will stay on for a second and then cut out, i have been watching it and the charger light on my laptop flickers and cuts out i have had it on the black boot screen for half an hour once before i made a selection and same thing the second it goes onto repair or start windows it cuts out, is there anybody out there that has the answer to why this happens?