Monitor doesn't get any signal.

Closed
RandomUsername - May 28, 2010 at 06:23 AM
 spitfire12 - May 28, 2010 at 07:28 AM
Hello,
I've just switched back to Vista home premium after trying out Windows 7. Well, windows 7 was full of bugs for me and I gave up.It all started on windows 7 when my computer started freezing and I had to power it down, then start again. It wouldn't restart either.Now, after installing vista home premium, I've got the same problems...Drivers are up to date.I just installed my realtek audio driver and it asked me to reboot/restart, which I did. But after it shut down, while trying to restart the monitor just stayed blank.This happened the 1st time on windows 7.I never had problems with such things before...and I'm not an expert with computers.-- which means I don't have the slightest idea why this is happening, but anyway ...
I cut off the power to the computer and then tried starting it again.Did that several time... NOTHING!...though it worked the first time. Might of been luck? ]:
Now even my computer's flash light doesn't turn on anymore.And the desktop get's no signal.There's no BEEP when starting up like before, which I've read it's supposed to be just to let me know everything is fine.
Could this have to do with my video card?...motherboard?Windows updates? ... display drivers? I'm really not sure what to do and I can't do anything about it.I'm trying to fix this myself without having to make my parents buy me a new video card or motherboard.
Please give me your suggestions....
Thank you for reading!

1 response

Try clearing your Cmos, you can either do this in bios or if not find the appropriate prongs on your mobo, stick a jumper on them, press the power button (it shouldnt turn on). then take it off and press the power button again.

good luck!