Everything powers up but computer dont come o

Closed
charlied1 - May 30, 2010 at 08:35 PM
Merzee Posts 10 Registration date Sunday May 30, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 19, 2010 - May 31, 2010 at 03:42 AM
Hello,
Hi i have a computer that was working great and had been working great for a long time.Then all the sudden i turn it on and it doesnt come on.My first thought was a bad monitor but i tryed it out and it is good.I pulled the cover off the computer and the heatsink is so hot you can barely touch it.Can anyone help me with what i need to replace or if i need to replace anything at all here.Thank you

2 responses

Merzee Posts 10 Registration date Sunday May 30, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 19, 2010 2
May 31, 2010 at 03:42 AM
Hey Charlie said his computer have been working for a long time so it means it's beyond warranty. Guys if your computer got trouble...don't ever suspect the monitor or heatsink of processor because that's not the proper diagnose of it. What you are going to diagnose first are the parts which is responsible for booting of your pc. Check the connections coz it might just losen up...check the cd rom, hard disk and memory - those are the parts that frequently losen and be sure all computer parts are connected tightly. If that doesn't work...check your power supply, you can notice its smell when it was already burned due to overheat.
Tech global support
May 30, 2010 at 09:12 PM
Hello,
As for your satisfaction you can replace it, but for this kind issue i must suggest you to visit the unit manufacturer webpage or visit service center of your units manufacturer, as if your unit is under warrenty/exteneded warrenty, then although you replace the part then there would be no warrenty coverage for your unit.