Problem with reinsatlling windows xp home edi

Closed
flabba - Jun 1, 2010 at 10:57 AM
 flabba - Jun 1, 2010 at 12:02 PM
Hello,

my computer crashed few days ago and im quite sure the problem is with windows. I have genuine windows xp home edition, but when i try to install it from setup disc it asks me to end my licence. what could be the problem and how can i solve it, because i really don't want to change my current licence to illegal one?

thank you!

Related:

2 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Jun 1, 2010 at 11:32 AM
Hi there,

Have you completely wiped the hard drive or reinstalled windows on an existing one?Please give more information ,and if having issues with cd key ,please contact Microsoft support and they will advise you or provide with another cd key.

Thanks
no. i just inserted the setup disc and it immediately asked to end the licence, so i stop it before something final would happen.

im using quite old windows xp (originally installed around 2004 or 2005). can the problem be that the setup disc is meant for newer version, because i dont have the original disc and i had to borrow it from a friend.

or maybe it is related to my computer problems? because the reason why i want to reinstall it is that the windows is unable to upload and in safe mode it stops with damon tools driver and restarts again. in this point when it tries to load sptd driver it flashes a blue screen with some error code, but it restarts too quickly and its impossible to read it. when i press esc and skip this driver then it still restarts.

i also read that the problem could be in mcafee - some way it creates trojan virus that has the same affect on win system as this damon tools driver.