New Laptop with Vista wont connect to interne

Closed
cjd03 - Nov 10, 2008 at 11:35 AM
rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 - Nov 10, 2008 at 12:07 PM
Hello,

I just purchased a Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop. I ordered it with an Intel 4965AGN Wireless-N Mini Card. I have a Wireless Lynksis N Router on the floor below me in my apartment building (which i purchased). There is also a restaurant right next door that has Wi-Fi. When i brought my laptop home from work with xp I was able to connect to both of these with no problems. My new laptop will connect to both of them but i get a message saying "you are connected to lynksis but do not have access to the internet. I have played around with it for hours and have tried to look up what i should do but have not been successful. Can anyone please help me!
Related:

1 response

rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 104
Nov 10, 2008 at 12:07 PM
Issues with Internet Connections

After installing Windows Vista, some customers have a difficult time connecting to the network. There were many causes to this problem.

1. The "Network Discovery" option is turned OFF (Start->Control Panel->Network and Internet->Network sharing center )
2. Password protected sharing is ENABLED
3. Workgroup restrictions
4. Folder sharing is DISABLED even though file sharing is ENABLED
5. The router firmware is not up to date.
6. Modem was not turned ON or Ethernet cable connections incorrect
7. WinSock corruption
8. Network Adapter may not be compatible with Vista. Install the latest updates from the manufacturer.
9. Wired Network Adapters may have the "power saving option" turned ON which automagically turns them OFF at times).
10. To share the root of a drive (not recommended); go to Start->Computer->Share->Advanced Sharing->Share this folder. Press Ok to share the drive.

Hope this info was helpful.............Good Luck!!!!!!!!!