Spyware slowing down my macbook computer

Closed
janicka8 - Nov 13, 2008 at 02:12 PM
 L-boogie - Mar 25, 2009 at 09:55 PM
Hello,
My computer has been very slow lately and i got a message saying that spyware is a third party watching everything i do on my computer and is the reason why my computer is slow and it said to download anitspyware software but i dont know how
help please!
Related:

2 responses

There is no such thing as Spyware for the Mac. What you saw was a fake web site running a FAKE program telling you you need to buy their stuff, which is Windows by the way. You may have some other issue, DNS, Cache, etc., but you DO NOT have Spyware.
Thanks Jeff - had the same problem as the guy above and cleared my cache & cookies to successfully remove the whistling! My PC never did that - just froze up on me....I'll take the whistle - nice negative reinforcement :)
You could also try to empty out your out your cache under the Safari Tab. Computers tend to store so many short cuts there and slow you down after a while. Also if your running Parrals on your Mac like I am you could have a virus hanging out there. Mac Mall . com has a good virus program called Virus Barrier X5. Im using it and it finds everything