Failed windows update

Closed
Anonymous User - Jun 14, 2010 at 12:18 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 14, 2010 at 01:30 AM
Hello,

I have a dell latitude OS Windows Vista, that I recently updated. Went through normal update procedure, but froze randomly and gave me error code !!0xC0190036!!. Now my computer won't start up and I cant access my programs. I can still access my BIOS, but as for safe mode and and other methods don't work. I managed to get my hands on a vista recovery disc, but when I launch startup repair I gets stuck in the loading process. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jun 14, 2010 at 12:58 AM
The error message you got indicates that mshtml.tlb is corrupted and there is a possibility of other System files being corrupted as well. All we have to do is rename the corrupted dll files, reboot the Computer and let the Computer boot normally to finish the installation. Follow these steps to rename the corrupted dll file.

1) Insert the windows vista dvd and boot from the dvd.

2) Select Repair your computer.

3) Click on Command prompt

Type the following commands and hit enter after each line

C:

cd windows

cd system32

ren mshtml.tlb mshtml.tlb.old

4) Exit from command prompt

5) Restart the computer and boot normally

or you can get more information from here... http://www.iyogi.co.uk/microsoft-windows-vista-support.html
Anonymous User
Jun 14, 2010 at 01:07 AM
When I go to select Repair my computer, it ask me to select my drive then I do and click next and it gets stuck in the loading process as well.
Blocked Profile
Jun 14, 2010 at 01:30 AM
Thanks for quick reply you have to take help from a technician.