Wireless internet ie7 won't display pages -

Closed
frustrated windows user - Dec 3, 2008 at 06:19 AM
 Amy911 - Jul 20, 2010 at 08:33 PM
Hello,
i have iternet explorer v7. all of a sudden I can no longer get access to web sites/pages - message says for past two days - internet explorer cannot display pages" on rare occasions after I have deleted cookies ect and restart i can sometimes get through but it bombs out after a few minutes. MY OTHER LAPTOP IS WORKING FINE. I am definately connected according to indicators and in fact torrent and skype are still working just fine - just no internet access such as email or google or any other web sites needed to live.

I read a few suggestions and everything seems to be set up right....

?????
Related:

3 responses

I had the same problem you must try this, this is only the thing that made everything work properly again for, I tried everything else and it did'nt work!

For IE:
In the browser, go to "Tools', 'Internet Options', "Connection", "LAN Settings" and uncheck all the boxes.

For Firefox:

In the browser, go to "Tools", "Options", "Advanced", "Network", "Settings" and check the "Direct connection to the Internet" button (leave all other buttons unchecked).

I promise you this will work
your instructios worked yesterday, now i'm back to the same problem as before.
any other ideas?
Hi Techdeck, I had the same issue but none of my boxes are checked. Any ideas? SItes like ticketmaster just sit an spin and never display.
Thanks,
Jarob
Hi,
It worked. Back on the Net, opening pages. Thanks.

Ramesh
This did not work for me
Thanks, I knew it was something like this!!!
GiantLeap Posts 85 Registration date Saturday November 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 8, 2008 45
Dec 3, 2008 at 12:18 PM
make sure your firewall has been updated for IE7 rules, to diagnose if it is a firewall problem, try to turn it off and run IE to check everything

and make sure your torrents do not eat all your broadband so the IE don't have any band to use
techdeck...you are a LIFESAVER! i just did it and it worked! thank you!!!!