Keyboard and mouse lock up on welcome screen

Solved/Closed
SiLVRViRUS - Dec 3, 2008 at 11:39 PM
jonjo Posts 4 Registration date Monday June 28, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 28, 2010 - Jun 28, 2010 at 12:40 PM
Hello,
Every time I turn on my Acer TravelMate5520 the keyboard and mouse lock up on the welcome screen. I tried hitting F2 to bring up the SETUP menu before the welcome screen and the keyboard and mouse work fine. after I exit the SETUP menu and go to the welcome screen, the keyboard and mouse lock up so I cant put in my password or move the mouse.
can anyone help me!? plz and thnx!
Related:

19 responses

ILOVEHenanLuoYang China
May 10, 2009 at 01:31 AM
Keyboard lockup during windows login

Cause: After I have uninstalled PCtools Threat fire, firewall, pc doctor in the safe mode. And I have choose to delete related files. And these began…

1st Problems facing:
1) Cannot key in password in logon screen
2) Only can delete the logon password using Boot disk, but CD rom was not function
1st problem’s solution:
1) Using HP tools Windows-based Format Utility for HP Drive Key or DiskOnKey USB (HP 所开发的USB 随身碟格式化程式) to format the pendrive to boot sector and treat as a startup boot disk. The program is: SP27608.exe VERSION: 2.1.8 Rev. A.
2) Then Admin help me to download the boot up system file (Dos format) to view the files in NTfs (??) format
3) Then by key in a fews commands that I dun noe, the password have bee deleted, and now can log into the PC without password key in needed.

2nd Problem facing:
1) After log in windows, No Lan/wireless Network was detected.
2) I try to see whether is network interface card problem or my own seeting problem. And I opened cmd and : ping 127.0.0.1 to see whether loop back action for nic card is ok, but it return: Unable too initialize windows sockets interface, error code 0.
3) Then I google using the problem phrases.in Microsoft msdn page, it said is the winsock and winsock2 corruption: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/811259/how-to-determine-and-to-recover-from-winsock2-corruption-in-windows-se
4) Click Start, and then click Run.
5) In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
6) In Registry Editor, locate the following keys, right-click each key, and then click Delete:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2
7) When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
Note Restart the computer after you delete the Winsock keys. Doing so causes the Windows XP operating system to create new shell entries for those two keys. If you do not restart the computer after you delete the Winsock keys, the next step does not work correctly.

And after delete you go run:Msinfo32, Then under protocol should be empty.

Then I need to reset my TCP/IP, since they are corrupted too.
This is what I do follow this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/299357/how-to-reset-tcp-ip-by-using-the-netshell-utility

In Windows XP, a reset command is available in the IP context of the NetShell utility. Follow these steps to use the reset command to reset TCP/IP manually:
1. To open a command prompt, click Start and then click Run. Copy and paste (or type) the following command in the Open box and then press ENTER:
cmd
2. At the command prompt, copy and paste (or type) the following command and then press ENTER:
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
Note If you do not want to specify a directory path for the log file, use the following command:
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
When you run the reset command, it rewrites two registry keys that are used by TCP/IP. This has the same result as removing and reinstalling the protocol. The reset command rewrites the following two registry keys:
SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\
SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DHCP\Parameters\

To run the manual command successfully, you must specify a file name for the log, in which the actions that netsh takes will be recorded. When you run the manual command, TCP/IP is reset and the actions that were taken are recorded in the log file, known as resetlog.txt in this article.

The first example, c:\resetlog.txt, creates a path where the log will reside. The second example, resetlog.txt, creates the log file in the current directory. In either case, if the specified log file already exists, the new log will be appended to the end of the existing file.

Then reinstall TCP/IP:

Step 2: Install TCP/IP
1. Right-click the network connection, and then click Properties.
2. Click Install.
3. Click Protocol, and then click Add.
4. Click Have Disk.
5. Type C:\Windows\inf, and then click OK.
6. On the list of available protocols, click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click OK.

If Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) does not appear, follow these steps:
a. Click Start, and then click Search.
b. In the Search Companion pane, click More advanced options.
c. Click to select the following three check boxes:
 Search system folders
 Search hidden files and folders
 Search subfolders
d. In the All or part of the file name box, type nettcpip.inf, and then click Search.
e. In the results pane, right-click Nettcpip.inf, and then click Install.
7. Restart the computer.
Conclusion:
Actually is winsock2 corruption, and first step to do is delete the corrupted winsock and winsock2 registry key and reboot, to let windows to self create new entries for this two. Now can detect wireless., but cannot access to anywebpage. Actually, no need to reset using netsh command, just install TCP/IP and restart ur PC. Now can visit website.

3rd Problem facing:
1) Keyboard not function at all, device manager said driver files corrupted and error code 39 for windows, have tried out uninstall, install the new driver, also cannot work
2) Search on this website: http://blog.ryantadams.com/...

Manual fix:
Note: Obviously, you probably can’t type as instructed in some of the steps below. Try using your mouse to copy and paste what you need to type from this post to the field it needs to be typed into.
1. Go to your Start menu and click “Run…”
2. In the Run box that opens, type “regedit” and press Enter.
3. In the new window that opens, click the “Edit” menu, then “Find.”
4. In the find filed, type “kbdclass” and press enter.
5. The registry editor will now search for any key that has “kbdclass” in it. What you are looking for is any that have a name of “UpperFilters” and a data of ” something_random_here kbdclass” You may need to go to “Edit,” “Find Next” if the search finds something else first.
6. Once you find the key, double click on it, and edit the text so that it includes only “kbdclass”. Press OK.

7. Continue searching (using the “Edit” and “Find Next” menu) until you have found and edited all of the “UpperFilters” keys. Again, all should have a data filed that includes only “kbdclass”.
8. Close the registry editor.
9. Go to the device manager, find your keyboard in the list (which should still be reporting a “Code 39″ error), and uninstall it.
10. You should then restart your computer, and with any luck, your keyboard will work upon rebooting.
If that doesn’t work, your keyboard may be physically damaged, or the drivers on your computer may actually be corrupt.

Before I edit the name of this value, is shown something like TfRmon kbdclass

Note:Before this problem been solved, I used to get a usb keyboard and try to make it work, but it also cannot detect the HID( Human interface device). But after this problem been solved, the usb keyboard wooork well.

Basically, must key in a correct phrase to find the related solutions in googles. I have key in this to find the website which provided correct solution: windows cannot load the device driver for keyboard.

Note: always export ur registry before modify.
ILOVEHenanLuoYang China
May 10, 2009 at 02:09 AM
Pls come to Luo yang Henan provoince in China, if you feel my solutions is usefulness
my problem is when I run the windows xp pro on my plaptop it blocks the keyboard and touchpad. but when I login with safe mode it is perfectly fine secondly when I put my laptop on system virus scan with virus protection software keyboard and touchpad starts working normally ...... I think this is a virus that causing the problem sugest me the solution......................
ILOVEHenanLuoYang China
Mar 22, 2010 at 09:16 AM
Hi, Amit, my India fren, hope you have already resolved this issue. Your analysis sound is correct, this should caused by a virus. Any way, could you post up the virus name that your anitirus have detected? also your antivirus name, hope your way to solve can help more member in this intenet virtual world communites. Thanks a ton.