STRANGE PROBLEM.

Closed
oggy1 - Jul 16, 2010 at 07:18 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 16, 2010 at 12:47 PM
Hello,

Recently after rebooting my computer my windows onecare gave the message onecare has been stopped.
When i tried to run onecare live the computer hung.Also the network connection icon has a red cross on it as if there was no connection.Internet explorer won't work but google chrome does although something is stopping anything downloading.
Internet explorer runs in safe mode and i can download stuff.
i ran an on line scan which resulted in getting the black screen and mouse pointer.
I can't use regedit as anytime i try the process stops responding,as does any diagnostic process(msconfig etc). I restored to an earlier date before all this happened but the computer still behaves the same evn though the files etc are back to that date.Any time i try to load or run antivirus programs the computer does nothing.In the control panel i can't install/uninstall anything or change much really.When i login and get the black screen i can open task manager and run explorer.exe even though explorer.exe is already running.Ending the already running explorer. exe gets me back to my desktop but everything is the same.Whatever is happening seems to mainly effect windows programs,registry etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 16, 2010 at 12:47 PM
Hi there,

In this situation make a backup of your documents and important data either to cd or external device,boot from your recovery cd and restore system to factory settings.

Thanks