Excel multiple formulas?

Closed
Prototype - Jul 20, 2010 at 03:15 PM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Jul 20, 2010 at 10:40 PM
Hello,

Not sure if it is possible to use multiple formulas but here is the question.

Column M has a value that I would like to round to the nearest whole number which I have found can be done by using =ROUND(M38,0).

In column N I would like to take the result of the above function (without having to create another column that reports only the result of rounding the number in column M) and use the rounded result of column M in a formula that will reference a cell in spreadsheet B within the same workbook. The formula would go on to use that referenced cell from spreadsheet b and multiply its value by another value in spreadsheet A Column K. Thus putting the entire result in Column N.

Ex.
Spreadsheet A, Column M value is 5.05. Rounding that number to the nearest whole you get 5. By saying that 5 equals a certain value such as 0.345 from Column C of Spreadsheet B. I want Column N to read out a result of 0.345 multiplied by a number in Column K of Spreadsheet A.

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Jul 20, 2010 at 10:40 PM
In general a formula can contain other formula
I was not able to follow your formula thread, but as I said you can have all that in one cell

like for example
=ROUND(M38,0) * MAX(B:B) * CountIF(J:j, 5) + VLOOKUP(t2, Sheet2!A:B,2,false)

Of course the above formula has nothing to do with your issue, the idea was to show you that a cell can have pretty much all sort of formulas