XBox 360 vs. PS3

Solved/Closed
BossOnLine Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday January 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen February 19, 2008 - Feb 19, 2008 at 08:06 AM
 Kanefactor - Nov 4, 2012 at 07:57 AM
Hi!

I really need some help guys...

I am going to buy a new system very soon and I need to know if there are any big advantages or disadvantage over one system compared to the other.

I was first thinking to get to PS3 - which seems to be the most powerfull system - but the XBox 360 looks more reasonable in terms of price and Halo 3 is already out for this one.

Plus one plays Blue Ray disks and the other play HD DVD.

I'm still very confuse on the choice I should do between the two systems.

All arguments are welcome.

Thanks
Related:

24 responses

I own both systems, i play both systems, and i can't understand all the sad-asses who bash one or the other, if you like one, then thats okay, but don't crap over the other system and it's users. I do have a preference on the one i play, which is my Xbox, but i enjoy playing my PS3 as well.

yes the Xbox has some problems, but mine is three years old now (i think 2nd gen Xbox 360, before they put in the HDMI and the 60GB HDD), and touch wood, has never broken down, no RROD or overheating or any problems.

And with the online thing, I don't mind paying ���£39.99 for 12 months for Xbox live, if you know what your paying for, which equates to around ���£3 a month, not really that much, and while PSN is free to use, i do prefer Live, again just personal preference.

I do have a problem with the PS3 though, it's web browser SUCKS! but other then that i love it, but i just love my 360 a little bit more, but i don't go "Oh...Xbox sux" or "PS3 sucks!" i think people who do that are a little insecure, maybe.

Going off topic, I don't get the thing with the Wii, it has some great games, Metroid, SSB, Mario Galaxy but it's a novelty thing to me. I had one, but got sold it to my brother, hardly never played it due to my 360/PS3 combo.
Xbox 360 Lover
Jan 3, 2009 at 01:08 AM
First of all i have both systems and let me tell you that you would have a lot more fun with the xbox 360

First reason,Achievement points :You can get achievement points with xbox like any thing you do special you would get some points but you can't trade the points for any thing but if you get online you can buy Microsoft points and buy games like GTA San Andreas and the first Halo. With Playstation 3 no.

Second reason,Online play: Xbox 360 just tears the PS3 up into shreds
i totaly agree with u
How is the online gameplay better for the Xbox? Everytime I ask someone this question, they can never really give me an answer. It sounds more like made up hype to make it seem like the Xbox system is better.
Kaden101 > USG
Apr 12, 2009 at 03:25 PM
It's got cross game chat, &...ermm...er..aahh, nope that's all I've got. I've also never seen an answer past that one reason. But it must be better surely, after all Microsoft charges you for it. Nope, I'm still drawing a blank. Somebody please enlighten us lowly PS3 owners what we're missing? Pretty please, oh go on, you know you want to.
Kaden101 > USG
Apr 15, 2009 at 01:12 AM
Hey USG, looks like we never got that answer, strange hmmm.
Kaden101 > USG
Apr 15, 2009 at 01:13 AM
Hey USG, looks like we never got that answer, strange that.
areyoustilltalking
Mar 19, 2009 at 12:39 PM
Listen, Xbox 360 May Seem cheaper at the shops when browsing but here are some disadvantages about xbox 360.

You have to pay for xbox live £40/$40 a year - Ps3 Is Free For Ever

Wireless Connection Box - £50/$50- PS3 has built in wireless so no need

If you dont play very well you can get suspended for a few hours or even days!/ Ps3 would never do that.

The games like halo only come out because they get declined by sony because sony would never stoop that low for halo or any other games " only for xbox 360.

Graphics are good but not as good as ps3 ! - Ohhh Yeahhh

You end up paying endless amounts of money in hidden costs- ps3 dont.

Risk of xbox breaking like every day - all my freinds xboxes has got the red ring of death - PS3 IS UNBEATABLE!

and to sum it all up there start up menu is very complicated and i just could not get my head around it....with ps3 i picked it up straight away!.

Overall i give xbox a 5 and ps3 9.5 out of 10 ! //// Obvs because they rule /// i would call you a fool if you decided to buy an xbox and would get my ps3 buddies to kick you ass till you changed!.

XBOX IS AWFUL, PS3 IS GREAT, THE GAMES RULE AND FREE CONNECTION IS ALL I NEED XBOX SHOULD GO BUST :D !

GOOD LUCK WITH CHOOSING MATE.
LyYTEe0909
Wrong halo. gears and those games are all microsoft studio games that are made for microsoft, any game made by microsoft only going to be for 360 any game made by SCE is PS3 only other wise u would be able to play killzone 2 on an xbox , and gears on a ps3
wow that is a bunch of shit. what r u 12? there is no comparison for sony and xbox. where do you get your facts? sure sony has a few. and only a few exclusive titles. but the xbox blows it out the water. so you and ur friends can suck a dick. fanboy. oh by the way. do to sells of the 2 consoles microsoft is kicking sonys ass. and theres the harddrives melting in the ps3 so yeah all i need to say.
Kaden101 > anon
Apr 23, 2009 at 01:15 AM
Whilst the Middleman might not be totally correct as I'd say the 360 has more exclusives out now & a bigger back catalogue, the upcoming line up of the PS3 currently looks better, & 360 exclusives usually end up on PC anyway, so if you've got a half decent gaming PC, a PS3 would probably be a wiser investment as their exclusives usually are...exclusive that is.

Oh, & Anon, what the hell are you on about hard drives melting in PS3's. I can only assume that you mean people who've upgraded their hdd & put in a 7200rpm one (runs faster, therefore hotter) instead of a 5400rpm which as I understand it you shouldn't do. Apart from that reason I can't think of any reason why you even dare bring up reliability as an issue compared to the 360. Let's see

RROD - yeah Microsoft covers that - woo hoo for their extended warranty - shouldn't happen in the first place.
E74 - yeah Micrsoft finally admitted to that - how many 360 owners have bought 2nd consoles because until now Microsoft kept denying it was anything to do with them. Yeah, they can get their money back if they had to pay for an E74 fixed, but who'd do that when you knew it would probably fry again, & Microsoft kept saying that their newer consoles were fixed - like hell they were.
DVD scratching - Microsoft still denying this one - see www.youtube.com/?v=UbaJgEjY-s8 for more information on that one - Blockbusters (UK) now have scratch removing machines in their stores to wangle some money out of unfortunate 360 owners - or you could try T-Cut, that works sometimes (alchohol to clean it off afterwards).
Anything else, tough, same warranty as a PS3

So even though they might have got the failure rate of the 360% well down from the abysmal 30% ratio, they as a company are still failing 33% on not covering known faults, & who knows what else will crop up, after all, they just keep on coming.
erm...excuse me. i am not a fanboy of any sort. let me just say this.

advantages of 360:
Great online play
good games
mainly FPS games (first person shooters)
generally multiplayer online.
lots of downloadable content
community games
play music while you play games
can watch movies and tv shows with netflix subscription
acheivment points

Disadvantages of 360
yes you do have to pay for live, however the online service is unbeatable.
generally xbox customer support sucks. (ive spent hours on the phoneyou have to pay to change your gamertag (there are ways around this)
older models of the 360 will have the red ring problem and overheating. ect.

advantages of PS3
acceptable online play
great games
Mainly racing,adventure, platformers
blu ray disk player (i dont consider this an advantage, but whatever floats your boat)
can play music while playing
more disk space
free online play
alot of space on the harddrive

Disadvantages of PS3 (yes there are disadvantages)
although the blu ray disks have more space, they do read much much slower than a regular dual layered disk
free online play is free, but not amazing
expensive (because of the blu ray)
not enough of a game menu
more load time for games because of the slow disk read

once again i am NOT A FANBOY of either one. overall they are both great systems in their own way.
if you like fps go for 360 if you like adventure/racing/platformers go PS3.

yes i own both i also own a wii i play all 3 very often and i enjoy them equally and individually.
there is a console for everyone really, it just depends on your gaming style whether to get a PS3 Xbox 30 or a wii.

(NEXT GEN. CONSOLES FTW!!!!!!!)
just one thing
Mar 26, 2009 at 07:24 AM
Everyone talking about the PS3 being free online should do a little research and find out that ......(quote)"Publishing sources told us that Sony's previously un-reported new 'PlayStation Network Bandwidth Fee' is forcing them to think twice about what content they offer to PS3 gamers for download." No such thing as a free lunch, don't worry sony will get you one way or another....bet you they will start a yearly "demo fee" very soon
just one thing
Mar 26, 2009 at 07:24 AM
Everyone talking about the PS3 being free online should do a little research and find out that ......(quote)"Publishing sources told us that Sony's previously un-reported new "PlayStation Network Bandwidth Fee" is forcing them to think twice about what content they offer to PS3 gamers for download." No such thing as a free lunch, don't worry sony will get you one way or another....bet you they will start a yearly "demo fee" very soon
Kaden101 > just one thing
Mar 26, 2009 at 08:03 AM
Oh, I love how the fanboys grab hold of every tiny little morsel when they jump on the Sony bashing bandwagon. As far as the publisher download fees are concered. It's what, 16pence or cents per GB. If it's a chargeable download, ie, a game, then they can add that extra cost on, & pass it onto the customers. Most downloads are less than a GB anyways, so it's hardly going to make a difference. As far as the free content is concerned (demo's & trailers), that's advertising. Do you think Ford don't have to pay to advertise their new Fiesta on TV, or Microsoft didn't have to pay to advertise Vista, nah, didn't think so., & it's only for the first 60 days on the free stuff. Personally I think Sony are being generous, & I'd rather the cost went to the publisher than me having to pay an arbitrary monthly fee.
Find something good to criticize, like reliability issues, or scratched DVD's, or a dead Hi-Def disc format, or a massive power brick taking up space, or having to pay for a charge & play pack for the controllers. Ya know, something worthwhile like that. Well we can all be petty, can't we.
The 360 is obviously a worthwhile platform if 28 million people can look past it's faults. Give Sony a break.
Kaden101 > Kaden101
Mar 26, 2009 at 09:53 AM
Sorry, I meant to say "glaring" faults, & 28 million "people" will be an incorrect amount. We don't know how many of those 360's are to replace dead consoles, or 2nd units bought by hardcore gamers so that they still have a console when the one they're using bricks. Just a thought, or am I being petty again. Probably, but that doesn't make it a lie.
xbox owner ps3 owner > Kaden101
Apr 11, 2009 at 08:31 PM
aright im tired of arguing all u people say one is better then the other i play both there equal to me xbox has better online why playstation has free online they have the same graphics ps3 cost more you pay for online on xbox you can put stuff on both harddrives there basicly the same were one isnt great the other is im ean come on man just stop arguing i metal gear for ps3 halo for xbox devil may cry for both now just stop arguing and be friends