Inspiron 1525 will not start up

Closed
Rachel - Aug 3, 2010 at 08:08 PM
 Rachel - Aug 5, 2010 at 01:40 PM
My inspiron 1525 was smoking out of the vent, so I took out the heating and fan part to clean it. When I put it back in, my computer wouldn't start! The little blue lights come on, and the green lights flicker, but the screen never turns on, and the power light turns off after a moment. I have absolutely no idea what to do!

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 4, 2010 at 12:44 PM
Hi there,

You need to check all the internal connections if are properly connected also the lcd cable,be sure the cable is not twisted or stucked while closing the cover as if this happens you will get no display,

Thanks
Hi! Thanks so so much for replying! I took the computer apart and had another look. It turns out that when I removed the heat sink, the CPU was glued to it, so it came out too, even though the CPU was in its locked position. So, when I put it back together, I didn't know that the CPU wasn't locked in place, let alone that I had taken it out. So, finally I figured that out, unlocked the CPU thing first, then put the CPU in the right place, then tried to lock it again. It only turned to about 3/4 of the way to lock, but that's good enough! My computer works! Hurray!
Thanks so much!