Urgent!! bluescreen/overheat

Closed
cherri - Aug 20, 2010 at 04:17 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Aug 20, 2010 at 04:36 AM
Hello, well my computer was bought around end of 2008 so its about 2 years old. it didnt have issues the first half a year till the touch pad went out then a while back i got the blue screen of death.. thank goodness my friend fixed it but now the touch pad and pannel as well as the keyboard over heats nothing is blocking the vent i cleaned it out just to make sure no lent is in it. and i just got a non conpatablity message in a blue screen for the window vista.. i truly need help idk what to relpace it with . why wont they do a recall on this model? i have a box to send it back but i dont have the money to pay if they send me a bill for the repairs. and my battery doenst even last 30mins anymore when off the charger. i'll call the dell company tomarrow to see what they can do and post back but if u have any suggestions on how to fix my conpatablity windowvista problem please reply i really need my computer for school.

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 20, 2010 at 04:22 AM
Dear Sir,

Please consider getting the overheating trouble fixed through the below instructions.

https://ccm.net/faq/2947-cpu-is-overheating

Thanks in advance.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Aug 20, 2010 at 04:36 AM
Hello Cherri,

Quite a long story!

Let say someone buys a refrigerator with a one year warranty, just after the warranty expired, the frige completely breaks down and need to be replaced by the owner because the company says that the warranty expired. Would that be fair? I would say no because you would expect a refrigerator to last at least 10 years.

One I am getting at is that your laptop is only two years old and Dell must know that they sold poor quality stuff. I have been on this forum for a long time and most if not all laptop hardware issues and complaints are Dell problems.

I would suggest that one you phone Dell that you really insist and try to make them understand that they are at fault and that you should not be charged for any repair.

Now back to the blue screen issue;

On the blue screen do you see a code such as 0x00000000. Please let me know for a better diagnostic.

Good luck