Monitor not working with windows xp

Closed
bruce92104 - Dec 14, 2008 at 09:21 AM
 bruce92104 - Dec 14, 2008 at 12:17 PM
Hello,

I'm having trouble with my windows XP. When i start the computer the monitor works fine, as does the keyboard and mouse. But once XP starts to start up the monitor says it's not getting a signal and goes blank. The computer continues to start up, but i can't see anything. I've tried changing out the monitor and the same thing with the other monitor.

Any ideas?

Thank you, -Bruce
Related:

1 response

Ah man. You must have fiddled with the Display properties Screen resolution. It would be difficult to help you with that unles someone experienced with computers can do that. Alternatively try using Safe mode to start ur pc and see if it works out. if it does then change the display settings to like 800x600 or 1024x738 and see how it goes.

and restart your pc. Hopefully that will work out. If even in safe mode its not starting then u need to take the help of a wizkid in person i think, cos using Tab keys and shortcuts the default settings can be restored.

Its diffcult to explain that on here. Only in person it can be done.
Actually a friend of mine gave me similar advice, to start the computer in safe mode and check the setting, I did that, it works in safe mode fine and I double checked the setting for the screen resolution, but when i restart the computer it still goes off when Windows starts. The monitor stays on until you seen the windows XP start up screen and the little "knight rider" like bar showing progress. Then the monitor blanks out and says it's not connected, moments later the computer plays the start up sounds where everything is starting fine :(.

Any additional advice is greatly appreciated :).

Thank you, -Bruce