No audio, Sound mixer missing.... [Solved/Closed]

needshelpsoon - Dec 14, 2008 at 03:33 PM - Latest reply:  Chops
- Nov 29, 2013 at 01:32 PM
Hello,
I recently lost sound on our Dell Vostro 1500 with xp. I done a system restore, reinstalled audio devices and tried just about everything else and still no sound. It happened after we ran a scan of the computer. The sound controlls are missing off the tool bar, when I go to the volume control in start menu it says I don't have an active mixer and to install one which didn't work either and when I go to control panel and sound and audio device everything is grayed out, with no default device set and I was unable to set one. I have Sigma Tel High Definition Audio Codec and it's enabled to run. Please any help you have would be very much apprecaited
See more 

13 replies

Best answer
Thank you
i fixed mine with instructions from this link http://www.pchell.com/support/no_active_mixer_devices_available.shtml

Thank you, charm 7

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1667 users this month

please help me I tried this but never worked I hear a sound when windows astarts then I cant find the mixer
Thnx alot man .. I did the same n it worked for me tooo .. ThnQ
That did not work for me... and I have a dell dimension 2400
did not work for me I have a gateway for the last step make sure it on automatic and press start it says it is already started
It didn't work for me either. I ended up having to re download the driver for my motherboard.