Internet explorer 8 problem

Solved/Closed
sasi - Sep 2, 2010 at 02:23 AM
Cassandra_IE_Team Posts 8 Registration date Tuesday October 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 29, 2010 - Nov 16, 2010 at 04:30 PM
Hello,

i am using IE 8 some website option "save" when click its link not open and hang the web page. pls give the solution for it

Related:

5 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 2, 2010 at 04:08 AM
Dear Sasi,

Please provide more information about the specific websites and files that you are having problem for downloading for us to have clear information about the matter.

Thanks.
Hi Sasi,

Not exactly sure this is what you are asking...but if you are saying that links do not open in IE8 try following these steps to solve the issue:

Use the run command by typing "Run" in the Start Search Menu. > Type
"DCOMCNFG" to open up the Component services >
Expand 'component services' and 'computers' and right hand click on 'properties' (this will open the properties for My Computer) > click on "Default Properties" Ensure that Default Authentication Level is "Connect" and Default Impersonation Level is "Identify"

If opening links is not the problem you are experiencing, please let us know so we can more accurately help you. :)

Cheers,
Cassandra
IE Outreach Team
I have tried this suggestion and still cannot get IE8 on XP to open a straight href link button on my website. All of my DCOM properties were already set as related in your suggestion.

If I use IE8 on other computers (or Firefox on this computer) the link button works just fine. I also tried another suggestion from a different thread on this site and created a new user account, but still no resolution to the problem.

What's next? (Aside from bailing from IE8 and using only Firefox ... Firefox has major crashing issues for me and Chrome is just too barebones)

Thanks for shedding any light on this problem.
Problem solved. Just found the fix. Simply Reset my Internet Options Advanced tab and all is working perfectly now.

Figures I'd find the solution directly after posting here. My apologies for any inconvenience.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Cassandra_IE_Team Posts 8 Registration date Tuesday October 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 29, 2010 3
Nov 16, 2010 at 04:30 PM
Hi Addie,

I'm glad you got this all figured out and thanks for sharing your solution. Resetting IE settings back to default is a good trick that solves most issues users experience in IE.

Cheers,
Cassandra
IE Outreach Team