Internet Explorer freezing (Not Responding)

Closed
Baumer - Aug 30, 2010 at 09:17 PM
 Nickname - Sep 11, 2010 at 01:07 AM
I have a Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop. It has worked great for about 1 1/2 years, no big issues. All of a sudden today, when I start IE, it takes longer to come up, then is pretty much useless. I see my home page, but can not click anything, enter web addresses, or even access favorites. When I try these, or even try to X out of the page, everything freezes and I get the (Not Responding) after the name of the website at the very top of the screen. The rest of the computer seems fine, programs, pictures, etc...I ran 2 different virus scans, no bad results. I've had this happen a couple times in the past and I've restarted and all is good. This time, nothing seems to work.

Related:

3 responses

abdullah.iqbal165 Posts 3 Registration date Monday August 30, 2010 Status Member Last seen August 31, 2010
Aug 30, 2010 at 10:23 PM
May be you have loads of viruses on your computer/laptop , my suggestion is that you reformat your computer /laptop , and than install symantec as your default security software
Cassandra_IE_Team
Aug 31, 2010 at 12:00 PM
Hi Baumer,

This may be caused by an add-on that is running with IE8. Try managing your add-ons. To do so, open IE, go to `tools' and `manage add-ons'. Disabling any unnecessary add-ons may help your Internet run faster. Try disabling add-ons with more than a .2 sec load time. (i.e. tool bars). If you're still not having any luck, I recommend you reinstall IE8 on your system.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Cassandra
IE Outreach Team
click tools/compatibility view/check display all website in compatibility view.