Pc restarting after EXITing games !

Closed
Ace - Sep 2, 2010 at 10:43 AM
 Ace - Sep 2, 2010 at 11:10 AM
Hello,
I got a problem with my pc made by myself and a friend,all components are in place, got windows 7ultimate on it, and it runs smoothly, but sometimes when i exit any game the pc automatically restarts without any warning or something, it simply goes black and insta-restarts himself. Note that it restarts only sometimes when i exit games not all the time. Any information would be useful, if nothing will work then ill reinstall the windows and see how it manifests.Thanks in advance.

Related:

2 responses

tmendola Posts 2 Registration date Thursday September 2, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 2, 2010
Sep 2, 2010 at 11:02 AM
My suggestion is to make sure that your power supply can handle all of your components running at full capacity at once. My machine, also a homebrew, has a weak power supply and sometimes, it seems that when the video card draws too much current while the other components are working hard, the screen willl go black, I'll hear my hard drive go "click-click," and my POST screen comes up. That usually happens when I'm performing big configuration changes in a graphics-insensive game such as Bioshock.

In your situation, it seems that the problem could be that, while the video card is changing the resolution back to the Windows display settings, it's drawing enough current that, if the hard drive is seeking and the CPU is fully taxed, it could overload the power supply, causing it to reset to protect itself from burning out.

Hope that helps!
I got a Recom 550W supply, 3 additional small coolers and only 1 HDD, i think its enough for the source to hold it.