"Access Denied" msg - Pendrive not openi

Solved/Closed
Laxman - Dec 17, 2008 at 12:18 AM
 \POLLY - Aug 15, 2010 at 03:42 PM
Hello,

When I try to open my 4GB Transcend Pen drive on my PC Its giveing me the error msg as "F:\ is not Accessible", "Access Denied". The properties of the pen drive shows me as 0 Byte (Used space & free space).

But When I try to open this pen drive data on other computers, I'm able to open & work with my all datas, even its auto playing! But on my PC I'm not able to open any of the pen drive. So definitely there is no problem with my pen drive.

So anyone can help me to fix this issue without re-installing the OS?

Regards,
Laxman...

3 responses

I had the same problem. However, when I first inserted the trancend thumb drive into a USB port, it would open normally. If I closed the window and then attempted to reopen it, I would get the "choose program to open" dialog and "access denied".
My solution was to delete the autorun.inf file on the drive. You may have to set your computer to show hidden files and system files to see that file.
user from india
May 6, 2010 at 01:29 AM
it is working thanks a lot man
Go Statrt -> Run and enter ur drive like F:\ and press enter it will work definitely.
thx buddy it working for my laptop
thank you , worked
Hey Mate. You ROCK! Bless you. Worked PERFECT for me
It works , thanx
lol worked perfectly..cheerz
kranthi kumar Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday February 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 26, 2009
Feb 26, 2009 at 11:28 AM
Hello,

When I try to open my 4GB Transcend Pen drive on my PC Its giveing me the error msg as "F:\ is not Accessible", "Access Denied". The properties of the pen drive shows me as 0 Byte (Used space & free space).

But When I try to open this pen drive data on other computers, I'm able to open & work with my all datas, even its auto playing! But on my PC I'm not able to open any of the pen drive. So definitely there is no problem with my pen drive.

So anyone can help me to fix this issue without re-installing the OS?

Regards,
kranthi
Try stopping the "Removable Service" service (make sure you change it to manual first); reboot without any flash drives connected; logon and try the drive.
hello,
try move all ur files at pendrive to computer and format the pendrive.