Hotkey driver dell inspiron 1564 windows 7

Solved/Closed
ran123 - Sep 7, 2010 at 03:11 PM
 shahab - Sep 6, 2015 at 04:12 AM
Hello,

I've recently formated my laptop ( dell inspiron 1564 windows 7-- 64 bit )
when I try to use the function keys it works but doesn't display on the screen , this is because the hotkey file is missing
Can anyone help me finding it ??

Many Thanks....
Related:

3 responses

Thnxx Alot Jack But can You Tell me the exact steps to install it because tried to install it before and it doesn't work ( The function Keys doesn't display on my
screen )

Many Thanks for Your Help ....
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Sep 8, 2010 at 03:10 PM
Hello,
Download that file --> If you have winrar or winzip installed, then right-click on that file and select the option DELL_QUICKSET_A06_R264610 --> then open that folder. Double-click on the setup file.
Note: When running in Vista, QuickSet will show the on-screen display when Fn1 or Fn+F1 or the display switch key is pressed.
- For some platforms, this function will be replaced by the native display switch feature provided by Windows 7.
Good Luck.
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Sep 30, 2013 at 03:52 PM
Hi meysam,

This is an old thread about Dell Inspiron 1564 machine. Do you have any queries similar to those posted in this thread? If so, please reply with the details and I will try to help you.

If your question is about downloading and updating the drivers, please check the below mentioned video:

Downloading and Installing Windows 7 Drivers in the Correct Order

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.
Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Sep 7, 2010 at 04:14 PM
Hello,

You can download the driver from the manufacture website.

Click on the below link and download the driver.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R264610&SystemID=INSPIRON1564&servicetag=&os=W764&osl=en&deviceid=2861&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=2&catid=7&impid=-1&formatcnt=0&libid=7&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=389042

Good Luck.
Thnxx Alot Jack But can You Tell me the exact steps to install it because tried to install it before and it doesn't work ( The function Keys doesn't display on my
screen )

Many Thanks for Your Help ....
& also when I read the instillation instructions in the website it says that it is downloaded in winRar format but when I downloaded it was downloaded in the form of application ??
Any Help !!
yes
Thanks, it was helpful