Help fix my laptop please!

Closed
chlo - Sep 8, 2010 at 03:13 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 8, 2010 at 05:25 PM
Hello,

Everytime i click on anything like the internet or anything like that it comes up with a box saying open with and you have to click the icon this is causing problems because certain things dont open can anyone help?

chloe.

Related:

3 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Sep 8, 2010 at 03:17 PM
Hi there,

Please provide more informations on it and also explain the icon you mentioned which is causing problems.

Thanks
Well say that i click on the internet a box will come up and you have to click on the internet icon so that you can get to go on the internet icon nothing will run automatically even microsoft works comes up with the open with box and you have to browse for the icon?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Sep 8, 2010 at 04:58 PM
Hello Chlo (it rimes!)

I could give you directives to modify registry entries but that would require time and in some cases be risky.

So after running the tool, all of you must download, install, update and run Malwarebyte.

So here are the steps:

1. Download, unzip and run Godzilla Fix:

https://community.broadcom.com/home

2. Download, install, update Malwarebyte and run a FULL (I insist FULL scan)

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

You may be required to reboot during the process.

3. After the scan delete the items found.

Now if none of you comeback to give me some feedback, my spirit will haunt you for etenity and I will cast a spell on your system. I'am serious.

Best regards
Thank you, Tried both of these and they came up and the box came up saying run or save and i tried both but then when i tried to to open these the box that i said came up and said open with and it came up with my files and i dont no what to open :s.
It says choose the file you would like to open it with and then shows all the icons of the programmes i have, when i first got my laptop it didnt do this it did it Automatically ?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Sep 8, 2010 at 05:25 PM
Chlo,

Please start with Godzilla, and unzip it, once unzip, double click on the exe or setup.

I will soon need to logoff, but let me know anyway, I should be back online in 10 hours.