October 4, 2010
-
Registration date
Friday March 5, 2010
Status
Last seen
October 4, 2010
-
Hi my friend has given me his esystem 3085 laptop to repair. I ended up having to re install windows xp home, which was a success worked fine for a few days, and then started rebooting but not loading windows up with error message missing or corrupt windows/system32/config/system. Also repaired this and all worked fine again for another 2-3days then it started freezing up couldn't even use ctrl,alt,del. So my friend used the power button to turn it off. It now has a message on boot up registry had to be recovered. Also now started rebooting itself again.

Could this be a driver problem or something more serious. Also if so where is the best place to find the correct drivers as this was a real pain trying to find the correct ones.

Thanks

3 replies

Registration date
Friday May 15, 2009
Status
Last seen
October 7, 2010
Hi there,

Its hard drive which needs to be replaced on the laptop so that it works perfectly .

Thanks
Registration date
Friday March 5, 2010
Status
Last seen
October 4, 2010

thanks for the reply. Is there a why of testing this for sure?
Registration date
Friday March 5, 2010
Status
Last seen
October 4, 2010

hi i have now run tests on the hard drive and the system ram and the tests came back ok. Could it be a driver problem as I really have struggled to find the drivers for this laptop.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!