Touchpad on Acer laptop not working

Solved/Closed
Lauren - 1 Oct 2010 à 10:24
closeup22 Posts 8922 Registration date Friday 15 May 2009 Status Member Last seen 7 October 2010 - 1 Oct 2010 à 12:55
Hello,

I have an Acer laptop with a synaptics V7.2 touchpad. My left click button has stopped working, it works if you press really hard so there cannot be a hardware problem can there? I have swapped them around so my right button does the job for the moment but I would like to get to the bottom of it...any help?

Thanks


1 response

closeup22 Posts 8922 Registration date Friday 15 May 2009 Status Member Last seen 7 October 2010 2,099
1 Oct 2010 à 12:55
Hi there,

As you mentioned it needs to be pressed hard then its the sensor or the microswitch which is damaged and needs to be changed,get the replacement done by a professional.

Thanks