Cant connect to Internet wireless, only wired

Closed
Nikk - Dec 23, 2008 at 12:26 AM
hazedown Posts 8 Registration date Saturday November 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 19, 2009 - Dec 23, 2008 at 02:08 AM
Hello,
Hopefully someone can help me. I have a Presario laptop with built in wirless. I have a D Link wireless router. The laptop connected just fine before a restore, but no will not connect to the internet, even though it has a good wireless connection with an excellent signal strength. I have tried to disable the connection and enable it as well as repair it. When I try to repair it, it tells me that it can not renew the Ip address and that step failed. I have gone to the command prompt and tried to do an ipconfig release and renew, however I received an error message of An error occured while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection. Unable to contact your DHCP Server. Request has timed out.

If I hook the laptop up to my router directly (wired), I can connect to the internet. My desktop computer, also wired, connects fine also. My wife's laptop also connects wirelessly just fine.

Can anyone tell me how I can fix this issue?

Thanks!!

Nikk
Related:

1 response

hazedown Posts 8 Registration date Saturday November 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 19, 2009 2
Dec 23, 2008 at 02:08 AM
hi,
you may try to copy the settings on the laptop of your wife and put it in yours! make an exact copy of it!