DVD Drive & Mouse not working..Please Help!

Closed
Jennifer - Nov 16, 2010 at 11:19 AM
 quette12 - Nov 16, 2010 at 03:13 PM
Hello,

I have a royal mess that I really need some help with. I had my computer wiped clean a couple of years ago. After that the DVD/RW drive disappeared. I never worried much about it until now, when I would like to burn dvds of my 4 month old + some music cds. I found on a forum here that I needed to delete the upper filters and it would work fine. I did so and now the mouse and usb drives are not working at all! I am afraid I am losing everthing now-all of my son's newborn pics up until now and of course I didn't back any of them up. Other than the drives the computer worked great before. Ahh!

Let me also say that I opened up the computer and attempted to disconnect & reconnect power to the dvd drive previously before attempting to delete the filers (as also read on a forum here) and after that neither the dvd drive is working or the regular cd rom drive.

Now seems to be a bigger mess though since the USB drives and mouse are not working. I also attempted to remove the wireless mouse and change back to the old corded one, but of course nothing at all is working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Related:

1 response

go to the main menu/control place panel thing i think theres a on/off thing hope i was helpful