Just moved to new address

Closed
reese - Nov 20, 2010 at 02:59 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Nov 20, 2010 at 03:38 PM
Hello,
Having major trouble with computer. Just moved to new resident and unhooked my father's computer and moved to another room by running cable under house and back up through floor. Now computer is saying that cable is not plugged in. The cable is definetely plugged in but will not access internet and just keeps saying cable not plugged in. Please help. Thanks. Oh yea we have dsl. Satalite on top of house.

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Nov 20, 2010 at 03:38 PM
Hello Reese,

What about the phone line, is it connected to the DSL modem? The the signal from the phone line to the DSL modem will decrease depending on the length.

Have you checked to see if the cable has not been broken even slightly when doing the cabling? Also, the ethernet cable was be able to withstand such a distance to maintain the signal.

I strongly suggest that you go to a specialized store to see if you have the correct quality cable for such a distance.

Let me know