Unable to access routers web interface

Solved/Closed
spfsnana Posts 1 Registration date Sunday November 21, 2010 Status Member Last seen November 21, 2010 - Nov 21, 2010 at 12:25 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 22, 2010 at 12:35 PM
Good afternoon,

I have a Linksys WRT54G2 V2 router that I recently connected in a new location. It is connected to an EMBARQ 600 series modem. I am able to access the Internet wirelessly without a problem. However, I am not able to access the routers web interface, I receive an error stating IE cannot display the webpage.

I am also not able to connect my daughters laptop to the router, it doesn't even see the connection as being available. She is using Windowes 7.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your help!

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,829
Nov 22, 2010 at 12:35 PM
To use the router setup page you need to be connected via a wire. For added security most routers will not allow a wireless connected PC to access the router setup.

I would first go the the Linksys web page for connection help.

Windows 7 should have an Internet connection Wizard that should help you connect. If the laptop does not see the router I would double check to see if wifi is turned on. It's easy to turn off the wifi radio without your knowledge.

Good Luck