Installed a driver, and now get a blue screen

Closed
Rhiannon - Dec 29, 2008 at 09:33 PM
 Tony - Apr 13, 2009 at 12:49 PM
Hello,

My husband downloaded a software pack from Sanyo for our son's new digital camera. Once he installed the PC-Cam driver for our camera (VPC-t700) we are now getting the blue screen.

I try to restart and select safe mode to reboot, but a whole bunch of data comes up, the last line ending in:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)/windows/system32/drivers/agp440.sys

And then it goes right back to the blue screen.

How do I access my computer to be able to uninstall this driver?

Please help!

I tried this tip:
ok here's what i did to finally get it (my laptop) to boot up. i downloaded the microsoft memory diagnostic tool (from microsoft.com) with another computer onto a cd. on my problem laptop i changed the BIOS setting to read the DVD first, then floppy, then hard drive, so i could boot from the cd. (to change the BIOS setting after you turn the computer on keep tapping F8 to get to the BIOS menu, go to boot, then prioritize, depending on your system. thats how i changed it in mine). ok, so once the setting was changed to read the DVD drive first, i shut the computer down, inserted the CD with the tool program in the DVD drive, and restarted it. after it did its thing for a few it went right into running the memory checks. unfortunately, that seems to be the propblem with my computer (all the tests failed) but once all six packets were completed, i exited from the test (it will continue to run until you exit it) and surprizingly it finally brought my to my log in screen. once i logged in i was able to save my data to an external hard drive....

I created the iso file on disc, but cannot get my computer to boot from it.

The blue screen code is STOP: 0X0000007E (OXC0000005, 0XF89018F0, OXF89017F4, OXF89014F0)

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Related:

4 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 30, 2008 at 01:08 PM
A ISO file is not a bootable image. You use a ISO file to create a CD or DVD using burning software such as NERO. That CD may be bootable - if it was created as a bootable CD/DVD.

What were you trying to do with the ISO file?
I was trying to follow the instructions from a former post. She had said to burn the iso file onto a disc, and then boot from it with my computer that has the blue screen. I don't have nero. I downloaded the file cdburn.exe to help aid in making the iso disc, but wasn't sure how to use it.

What I ultimately need to go is log into my computer, back up important files, and try and uninstall a driver from the software I got from my cheap-o camera. Can you help with this?
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 30, 2008 at 08:34 PM
You use cdburn with the iso file as input and a CD as output. You might have created a data file with just a copy of the iso file on it. there should be an option to "burn a CD from a disk image" use that option. The iso file is a "disk image".

You can open your existing CD - it should contain only 1 file xxxx.iso
If you correctly burn the new CD - it should contain many files (one being COMMAND.COM)

I hope this helps
I downloaded several iso applications, but cannot get them to burn the files, only the iso file.

I tried using PowerISO and Active ISO burner. But the end result is always the windiag.iso file being burned on my cd-r.

I found the cdburn.exe file, but don't know how to use it when you say "outputs and inputs."
Dec 31, 2008 at 12:04 AM
Try "Ashampo Burning Studio" they offer a free version. You must sign-up and get junk emails but it does work. I have burned many Linux iso files to CD and they boot just fine.
Quick fix, unplug the camera, then reboot.

Worked fo me, granted I still can't put the camera on the USB , hit PC on the camera, without getting a new Blue screen. Something not right with Sanyo.