Sims 3 has stopped working, launcher problems

Solved/Closed
spiff - Nov 26, 2010 at 02:42 PM
 Potato - Jul 2, 2013 at 08:29 PM
I bought the sims 3 about a year ago. I played it for some time, but had to quit due to school. I've had some free time and, upon starting it, noticed that a new update was available. After updating it, I attempted to launch the game, but a dialogue window popped up, saying that there was a problem with the launcher and the game could not start. However, the intro videos began playing. The game started to load, but after a few seconds, it crashed. I cannot install any custom content or store items. I read some similar resolved questions and did everything that was claimed to work.
Now,
-I have tried playing the game without a launcher
-I updated my directX
-I deleted the missingdeps.idx
And nothing has worked
I would prefer not to uninstall the game, so if you have any different suggestions, please tell me! :) Thanks
Oh, I my computer runs on windows 7
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Nov 26, 2010 at 03:59 PM
Hello Spiff,

There are many people who complain about having problems with the launcher as you should have noticed in the Kioskea forum. There are many who start having problems with the launcher while registry entries are corrupted. You should be thinking of getting the Registry entries corrected by repairing your system with your installation cd but there is far more simpler way than that to get the matter settled down.

You can easily run the game without the use of the launcher, it is perfectly possible. You should try it to see whether you get playing the game then.

The default install path for the game is C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims3\Game\Bin from where you will find a file; TS3.exe. In the situation that you do not find the Electronics Art folder there, please consider carrying a search over your system for reaching it out.

Now that you have reached the TS3.exe file, simply run it. It will directly run the game without making use of the launcher that is causing so much trouble to you. If however, you see that you cannot run the file, then you will be compelled to get the game removed and installed back. Good luck!

You still have the possibility to restore your system back to a restore point before the updates. Still if it does not settle the matter, it will be compulsory for you to uninstall the game.

Kind regards.
tytytyytytytytytytyyyttytytytyytytytytyty sooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!
it doesn't work
Doesnt work!