HDD visurs, laptop wont start up!

Closed
gill10488 - Nov 29, 2010 at 03:29 AM
imateski Posts 9 Registration date Sunday December 5, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 6, 2010 - Dec 6, 2010 at 01:36 PM
Hello,

I have got a virus on my laptop (the HDD, fake windows security virus?). Last night I tried to remove it following on line advice, deleting some files. Now, however, I cant even start up my computer fully without it restarting (not even in safety mode which, which ive tried and its straight after selecting the start up option it all goes wrong)

HELP PLEASE!!
Related:

5 responses

anjana03 Posts 209 Registration date Tuesday February 9, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 26, 2014 57
Nov 29, 2010 at 04:09 AM
please use system recovery /system restore before time while computer was well condition. thanks
We have been trying to restart to this point, using the option comes up after pressing F8, but I dont have a disc to use. Totally lost!
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Nov 29, 2010 at 07:05 AM
Hello,
Are you able to get into "Safe mode with command prompt" ? When you switch ON your laptop\computer, start tapping the "F8" key to get "Windows Advanced Options"( if boot menu appears, press "Esc" key and keeptapping the F8 key)
Select "Safe mode with command prompt"
Good Luck.
anjana03 Posts 209 Registration date Tuesday February 9, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 26, 2014 57
Nov 30, 2010 at 11:29 PM
live xp bootable cd is can help us to repair computer in critical condition . we use it on our lab. u can serch in inter net . if not sucess we should formate computer . thanks
Hi, unfortunately not. I was able to last night but as it was very very late, I thought it better to shut down and leave it till today. I can select the option but the laptop flashes blue, then restarts :S
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Nov 29, 2010 at 08:24 AM
Hello,
Did you tried "Safe mode with command prompt"?
Good Luck
yeah, but as soon as I select it, it restarts. Now trying a repair CD??? No luck so far though.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
imateski Posts 9 Registration date Sunday December 5, 2010 Status Member Last seen December 6, 2010 1
Dec 6, 2010 at 01:36 PM
If you deleted some of the system files or some crucial files from the Prefetch folder you may have wrecked your Windows installation and perhaps the best approach is to just wipe your drive clean and reinstall everything.
For further use, I suggest using Comodo Firewall (free), Avast Free, MalwareBytes AntiSpyware (free). I use this setup for the past 5 years, and installed it on countless PCs and sofar it's working perfectly. It's easy on the system resources, easy on your pocket (heck, everything's free) and it keeps you virus-free. The only "downside" is that you'll have to regularly update them and scan your system once a week.... Actually, that's a best practice nowadays, update Avast and Malwarebytes, and have them do a deep scan of your PC. It takes a few hours, so you can let it run over night.
Hope this helps

Igor Mateski