Administrator account disabled

Solved/Closed
nani - Nov 29, 2010 at 08:34 AM
 Mike - Dec 4, 2010 at 08:54 AM
Hello,

In my system I wrongly disabled administrator account, now iam using guest account,but guest account does not have administrator rights.how to activate my owner account.please tell me the solution.

Regards,
Chandramahesh

9 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Nov 29, 2010 at 11:24 AM
Hello,
Let me know the OS you are using. Is it the default "Administrator" account or the account that you have created as administrator got disabled ?
Good Luck.
I am using Windows XP, service pack 3,it is default administrator account.

Regards,
Chandramahesh
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Nov 30, 2010 at 05:49 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) When you switch ON your computer, start tapping the "F8" key to get

"Windows Advanced Options"( if boot menu appears, press "Esc" key and keep

tapping the F8 key)

2) Select "Safe Mode"

3) When the desktop appears then

Click on Start --> Run --> Type compmgmt.msc and press Enter.

"Computer Management" window will be opened.

4) On the left side of the window, double-click on "Local Users and Groups" -->

Double-click on "Users".

On the right side you can find the users.

Right-click on the administrator\ Your User Account --> Properties --> Uncheck

the check box "Account is disabled" --> Click on OK.

5) Now restart your PC and start in normal mode.

Good Luck.
Hello,
I tried the steps what ever u said. but when i run the system in safe mode, the desktop is not appear.

I tried the steps in normal mode,but Access denied.

please tell me the solution.

Regards,
chandramahesh

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Dec 1, 2010 at 07:08 AM
Hello,
Go to safe mode and wait until the process gets completed. After that, desktop will appear.
Good Luck.
yes, I did that, but there is no user options to enter to desktop,only turn off option is available. so now if I want to format also Iam not able to do any thing. I try to use with command prompt also by by using this (net user administrator /active:yes),but access is denied.
now if I want to format my system, Is there any possibility.
so If any solution with you, please tell me.
Dec 3, 2010 at 10:30 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
When that screen appears without users account and having only the "turn off" option, at that time
hold the "Ctrl" and "Alt" keys --> press "del" key twice. Now a log in window will appear asking you to enter user name and password. Enter user name as "administrator" and if a password is set then enter that password --> Click on OK. --> Then click on "Yes" button to go to safe mode. When the desktop appears follow the below instructions.
Good Luck.
Yes, My problem is solved, the information which you have given is useful for me.
thank you, thanks alot.
Thank you very much once again.

Regards
Chandramahesh
Very helpful!