Acer Aspire One AOA110 - Acer eRecovery

Closed
Vicky - Nov 29, 2010 at 07:03 PM
 Vicky - Nov 30, 2010 at 06:35 PM
Hello,

I have an Acer One AOA110.
So this is what happened.
I bought this little netbook, and filled it up with crap, and obviously ruined it.
So I have the recovery disk that was sent with the computer when I bought it.
I put it into my external disk and turned it on. It starts up with the Acer eRecovery Management.
I pick the language.
And then it asks: How would you like to restore?
1) Restore System from factory default
2) Exit

I pick 1; then:
I unplug the external and click next, and keep going until a dialogue box pops up and it says:

HINT: NEXT DISK (Recovery Disk 1)

I have another acer disk that was sent with it, but when I pop it in, nothing happens.
HELP ME! I don't know what to do and I'd really like to get this netbook working..

Please, with any suggestions. And please try to be detailed.

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 29, 2010 at 09:28 PM
I don't think you should have removed the external CD drive. Try this again without removing the recovery disk.
\
Good Luck
Blocked Profile
Nov 30, 2010 at 01:12 AM
Hi Vicky ,

Xpcman is right follow his advise and you should not in any circumstances unplug the external cd drive as its the source from which recovery proccess will be done and completed ,Do provide your feedback on it .

Good luck
Hi,

Thank you for your replies, but I've done the recovery disk with and without unplugging it.
I still come out with the same results. :/
Blocked Profile
Nov 30, 2010 at 05:28 AM
Hi,

Does your cd have scratches on it or clean?If there are scratches on it then use this Faq for repairing instructions:

https://ccm.net/faq/327-how-to-repair-a-scratch-cd

Thanks
I checked for scratches and theres nothing major on it. I don't know...maybe I'm just not using the right disk. Anyone know anything for this specific program?
I keep putting in blank CD-ROMs. I tried DVD's and it's not working.
Should I upgrade to a higher GB?!