Not able to print from my laptop

Closed
MsT - Dec 30, 2008 at 09:09 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Dec 30, 2008 at 12:07 PM
Hello,

I just purchased a LexmarkX5410 all-in-one printer. The printer has a usb connection, and I I have a Linksys G Broadband Wireless Router which has an ethernet connection. I currently have a desktop and laptop pc they both run on Windows XP. Currently, the printer is hooked up to my desktop computer and I am able to print from my desktop. However, I need to know how I can print from my wireless laptop. I tried utilizing the disk that was provided by Lexmark to set up the printer but I am not computer savvy and was lost when they asked for computer name and IP address. I have also set up both my desktop and laptop to share information from computer to computer but that seems to not work. Can you provide some assistance?
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 30, 2008 at 12:07 PM
You can't print wirelessly from laptop to printer because the printer is not connected via the network.

What you can do is SHARE the computer on the desktop and print from the laptop via the desktop. This requires the desktop to be turned on when you want to print from the laptop.

Google "printer sharing" to find instructions.