- SD camera format not recognized by laptop
- Camera not working on hp laptop - Guide
- Hidden camera app for windows 10 laptop free download - Download
- How to format a windows 7 laptop - Guide
- Need help formatting a HP dv6000 laptop ✓ - Forum - Laptop
- How to format write protected sd card in laptop - Guide
I used the Canon camera to format the SD card. I'm wondering if I now need to reformat the card in the laptop? The problem is that the card is not recognized by the laptop or my desktop (card image is grayed out when I click on "My Computer" bubble).
As a rule of thumb, look at the printed matter on the card....if it says Secure Digital your computer, no matter how old, will recognise it. If the card says SDHC....the HC being high capacity your older computer will not recognise it. Do not, , treat the card as damaged, there is nothing wrong with it. You can download software upgrades from the internet to make your computer recognise these SDHC cards.